On Aug 29, 2006, at 3:58 PM, Shlomi Fish wrote:

Well, we can use any of the following designs, which are much better:

* http://www.planetapache.org/

* http://advogato.ev-en.org/

* http://planet.gnome.org/

* http://planetsun.org/

I recall seeing even better looking planets in my neverending web surfing.
Plus, we can always re-use a theme of WordPress or whatever.

I personally much prefer the current custom, unique layout than ripping either one of those (or any other, for that matter) sites' layouts or simply taking a wordpress theme and adapting it.

I don't necessarily agree with the current one being "ugly", per se, though I agree it needs some work. Mostly it's too bulky. I like the idea of making it look like a layers dialog a lot.

Regards,

Marco Wessel