On 9/15/06, Massimo Perga <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Hello All,
  I'm currently working on GIMP# development, and the plug-ins so generated
under
Windows use the .exe file format. In such a way, we're forced to use the
Microsoft .NET
platform but, for debuggining purposes, we'd want to use the Mono platform:
this can be
accomplished using the command

mono <pluginname>  "$@"

Under Linux it can be done writing a proper script file invoking the plug-in,
but is it
possible to do the same under Win32 using a batch file ? If so, could you
please write
me in which way I should invoke it ?

It can probably be done with a wrapper batch file similar to the one
above, with the caveat that you'd need to keep the .exe file in a
different directory not searched by gimp in order for the .bat to not
conflict with the .exe.

A better solution for debugging is probably to use the environment
variables GIMP already has for the purpose of running plug-ins under
debugging wrappers.  See http://developer.gimp.org/debug-plug-ins.txt
for more information.

Rockwalrus