>   The ideal thing would be to incorporate the code into GIMP itself
> by working it into app/core/gimppalette-import.c, which is the code
> that detects and loads palette files in several formats.  If you

        I'll give it a shot (already have the file open and have started to
edit it).  Although I should probably ask elsewhere, would I be better to
create an external module (.[cho]) with the AI palette import code, or put the
code within the actual gimppalette-import.c code ?  ie, I could create a
module/object  gimppalette-import-ai.[cho] .

        Incidently, the revised BSD licence is GPL compatible, so no problems

PLDaniels - http://pldaniels.com - Xamime email content filtering
PGP Public Key - http://pldaniels.com/gpg-keys.pld
Pet Luxuries - http://pet-luxuries.com
R/C Gear Shop - http://nqrc.com