On Thursday, October 5, 2006, 8:32:46, Hans Breuer wrote:

> On 05.10.2006 07:54, Williams, Andrew wrote:
>> With some difficulty I built Gimp 2.3.7 with Python using MinGW on Win
>> XP. Make and make install completed without error.
>> Gimp starts, but there is no Python in the Toolbars/Xtns menu (or any
>> others); Script explorer shows NO python scrips.
> You need to make GLib's g_file_test() aware of additional 'executables'
> by adding .PY to the PATHEXT environment variable. See:
> http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/2.0/glib/glib-File-Utilities.html#g-file-test

Actually, with GIMP, you just need to edit
GIMP-2.0\lib\gimp\2.0\interpreters\pygimp.interp to contain something like

(the 2.3 installer generates this file automatically)

> Using the prebuilt Python 2.4 may be a problem as well cause it links with
> a newer C-runtime than gtk+ (msvcr71.dll vs. msvcrt.dll). I'm not sure if
> mixing runtimes is fatal for gimp python plug-ins, but at least when
> embedding Python in Dia this is definitely a problem. See also:
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/dia-list/2006-September/msg00045.html

I build GIMP with Python 2.4, and as far as I can see, it works.

< Jernej Simonèiè ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

If not controlled, work will flow to the competent man until he submerges.
       -- Boyle's Tenth Law