* Philip Ganchev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [061013 23:09]:
On 10/13/06, Øyvind Kolås <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>http://pippin.gimp.org/tmp/search-menu.gif contains a recorded
>animation of the UI elements I've been using.
I did not understand what is the purpose of the interface in the
animation.  I see that you have some searching, but there is a lot of
use of the mouse, which is generally inefficient.

The purpose of the animation was not to demonstrate search, it is
just demonstrating the capabilities of a very rough prototype. Which
is also the reason the menu was used for browsing the available
operations most of the time.

That user interface was not, and still is not in a state where use by
normal users would be encouraged; and it is still too early to put too
much focus on a GUI for that system anyways since the architechture has
many issues that needs to be fixed on a deeper level.

/Øyvind K.
                                                -- William Gibson
http://pippin.gimp.org/                            http://ffii.org/