Omar a écrit :
Saul Goode a écrit :
gg wrote:
I assume a "tear-off" menu is the context menu I get from a right-mouse click. I dont see the gain here, it's actually one click more than using the edit menu.

If I misunderstood, could you explain what a tear-off is?

The menus that you obtain with a right-click have a dotted line across
the top. If you click on that dotted line, a menu window is created with
just that sub-menu. By right-clicking on "Edit" and selecting the dotted
line at the top of the "Edit->Paste As" sub-menu, you will create a menu
dialog that will make the "Paste As New Image" command just a
mouse-click away at all times.

Such tear-offs lose their utility if commands are all clumped together
on a top-level menu. For this reason, I question the wisdom of the GNOME
HIG discouraging nesting of menus (or at least the idea that three
levels is excessive, especially if the menu bar is itself to be
considered a menu).
DON'T touch/remove "TEAR-OFF menu"! NEVER! :)
This is one of the best Gimp's UI concept here.

Thank you

Regards
-Omar

ps: sorry to play the intruder in this ML :)