:On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 12:05 -0800, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
:> However, I want to annotate the PREVIEW (*without* modifying the
:> original image's drawable) using gimp_pencil(). That requires a
:> GimpDrawable, but rgn_out- i.e. the processed pixels which are used to
:> create the preview's contents- is in GimpPixelRgn format. How do I draw
:> on the output window?
:It would help a lot if you could simply tell us what you actually want
:to achieve before going into implementation details. I have the feeling
:that all you want to do is to draw something on the preview window.

That's exactly right; I realise that my original question got bogged down with
specifics- sorry.

Put simply, I want to use the high-level Drawable functions to draw a line or
arrow on the preview window. The tutorial example only uses the pixel-level
functions. It's not clear how- or if- I can use (e.g.) gimp_pencil() and

:If that is true, then you definitely don't want to use
:gimp_pencil() or similar functions.

Umm... that's *exactly* what I wanted to do.
But from your reply I guess that (a) it's not possible, or (b) it's a bad