I am new to the world of gimp and am interested in it because of its ability
to do layers. My work is mostly related to microscopy. I tried using the
unit editor however, i could not get it to calibrate the image for the
different magnifications as it is all based of inches. Typically the optical
microscopes have set mangifications where for each magnification there is
pixels per um. Has anyone implemented a modification of the unitrc to use um
instead of inches as the basis. Is there a way to change the unitrc to
refelct the pixels/um.