On Friday 12 January 2007 14:26, Bart wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I often recognize a little workflow break when working with Gimp.
> This happens when you click from the image window to tool window
> (like layers) and do some thing there and then try out a specific
> shortcut that works only on the image window.
> This image window shortcut didn't work when a tool window is
> focused, so you must first click back on the image window to
> focused that and then you can use the specific short cut for the
> image window. That isn't great at all i think.
>
> So what about if GIMP could recognized what was the last used image
> window and if you press a specific shortcut that woks only on the
> image window GIMP will call the command on the last used image
> window?
>
> Thanx so far doing GIMP! 2.4 is getting great!
>

> Karamba!
> Bart.

Hi Bart,

I feel that too...when I am in computers other than my own. At home, I
set up the GUI as I feel i tshould be: focus follow mouse. That means
that I have only to hover a  window for it to get in focus - no need
to click.

I've heard that even windows can be set up to behave like thta. Give
it a try.

        js
        -><-