Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 24, 2007 at 11:32:03AM +0200, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:
>> Currently scalable brush can be scaled with [ ] by default, what is very
>> fine. Could a mouse scroll wheel + some key modifier be used to act the
>> same as [ ] buttons?
> I couldn't find it in the shortcut editor (maybe I overlooked it).
> It should be listed there, right?
As I understand, it appeared there by default in 2.3.11 or other build
close to it . Before it was possible to assign these keys manually in
developers branch (and I did it).

>> I'm a right-handed person, so when I retouch a photo most of my actions
>> are connected with mouse movements and some left hand actions: Ctr+H,
>> Ctrl+C, Ctrl+wheel, Shift+wheel, Space. Rather often brush needs to be
>> scaled, so I have to left mouse and press [ or ] several times. The left
>> side of the keyboard is mostly taken with shotcuts.
>> I suggest adding Alt + wheel to act like [ ] for brush scaling. It could
>> be very convenient to a user not to leave a mouse for keyboard and due
>> the wheel is very well controllable and intuitive for scaling purposes.
> Hmm, Alt + wheel is mapped to opacity.
> Ctrl + wheel zooms.
> Shift + wheel scrolls sideways.
Ctrl+wheel, wheel itself, shift+wheel and space form a pretty complete
set of picture movement and scaling. I like it and suffer then any other
program doesn't provide wheel and Ctrl+wheel.

> Preferences -> Input Controlers allows to map mouse wheel events
> to actions, but I don't see actions for changing brush size.
Thank you for solution to the problem. I've assigned Alt+wheel to
context->brush-radius-decrease and context->brush-radius-increase and
feel myself happy for now :).

With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich