Current crop implementation (2.3.14) is very nice though it lacks a
listbox with user-defined ratios. I really love it. The 2.3.14 has
introduced a little inconvenience from my POV: the corner rectangles are
too much bright. They interfere with an attempt to value the composition
while framing. Could they become less in size and dimmer? Could the
saturation of the frame itself become dimmer or be changed by user? The
idea of colour inversion (or difference) is wonderful itself.

There are several requests on Russian Gimp list to combine cropping and
scaling. I'd ask it too. My typical workflow always contains these
operations one after another if fixed ratio is used. I crop the image
with fixed ratio, defined by desired picture size, say 1795x1205. The
aim is to obtain a final picture of 1795x1205 pixels. So the second
operation is to scale the result of the crop to 1795x1205. If a crop
tool contained a checkbox: scale to the fixed ratio pixels, one wouldn't
have to: select scaling from the menu, type one of the sizes and click
scale.

--
With respect
Alexander Rabtchevich