On Tuesday, January 30, 2007, 9:35:17, Sven Neumann wrote:

> We have had several reports about this UI being confusing. Users filed
> bug reports claiming that the plug-in wouldn't do the right thing.
> Obviously they did not understand the user interface. And that is not
> surprising because it is quite irritating. Just try the user interface
> on your grandmother.

This is one thing I dislike about GTK+/Gnome in general - "clueless users
think XYZ is confusing [because they don't bother to read documentation], so
let's remove features until only something basic remains; who cares about
advanced users that may have actually needed that feature".

> Now someone please show some creativity. Asking for the changes to be
> reverted is a punch in the face of the people that have put their free
> time into improving the usability of this plug-in.

How about this: get rid of the delay completely, and instead take the
screenshot when a certain key (eg. F12) is pressed?

--
< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

The solution to a problem changes the problem.
       -- Peer's Law