On Tue, 2007-01-30 at 22:03 +0100, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> I'm not sure if you're assuming everyone is using gnome here. I work on
> xfce4 and I dont have a screenshot applet or whatever. I have scrot if I
> dont use gimp. Most window manager screenshots seems just to grab the
> whole screen. The nice thing about the gimp one was that it's more
> specific and precise.

Of course I am not assuming that. But I don't know all the other desktop
environments out there and I expected that they more or less all have a
reasonably well working way of taking screenshots. After all this is
where the functionality belongs.

Perhaps the xfce project should think about adding such a tool. Or
simply integrate an existing tool. All that needs to be done is to set
up some global keyboard shortcuts. But that's better discussed on the
xfce lists, I guess...