On Fri, 2007-02-09 at 14:21 +0200, Aurimas Juška wrote:

> In conclusion, either I don't understand GimpZoomPreview (in that case
> some explanation would help) or its API should be improved to make it
> more usable.

I think you did not understand how to use the widget. But I have also
not been able to follow your mail. So I don't know how to help you.

Perhaps a few remarks:

The navigation popup window is part of the GimpScrolledPreview base
class. That class leaves a lot to implement. it's basically just a
GtkScrolledWindow and a GimpPreviewArea. So you should be able to base
your widget on this abstract class if GimpZoomPreview doesn't fit your

A plug-in using GimpZoomPreview doesn't need to scale the source image
itself. It can ask the core to provide a scaled-down version of the
drawable. This API also allows to retrieve scaled-down subregions.