Hi Bill

Please take a look at:

From svn blame, I found that you had put in the ExifVersion check in
comment #4 (revision 16371). Is there a strong reason to have this? We
do want to support incomplete EXIF information (even if it's broken).
Does libexif return exif_data even though there's *absolutely no EXIF
info* in the file?

We may need to remove this check and also the check for thumbnails (in
the statement preceding this if) to handle files with broken EXIF
information gracefully. I'd appreciate your comments on this. How else
can we check if the exif_data has any valid EXIF data, without checking
for ExifVersion?

Kind regards,

Banu -- Free software for science, media and graphics