Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 16:10:03 -0500
   From: Jim Sabatke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

   Robert L Krawitz wrote:
   >    Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:50:02 -0700
   >    From: "William Skaggs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >    Jim Sabatke wrote:
   >    > I've just compiled a plugin based on a denoising program that
   >    > slashdot's attention a short while ago. [...]
   >    Jim, there is already a GREYCstoration gimp plugin, which you can find
   >    out about by googling "greycstoration gimp plugin".  Is yours better?
   >    In any case, the main gimp distribution doesn't currently include
   >    written in C++.
   > Greycstoration is extremely slow.  If there's a faster one that does a
   > good job (and at least with the settings I tried, greycstoration
   > didn't do that great of a job), I'd be very interested in seeing it.

   The new version is MUCH faster and does a much better job than the old
   plugin.  The Greycstoration's original author and the gimp plugin's
   original author never did see eye to eye on the plugin.

   You can try out the new plugin, source at:

   It's basically a windows version, but if you put CC=g++ and
   LDFLAGS=-lpthread in the ENV, then gimptool does it's job on my version
   of linux just fine (SuSE 10.0).  It shows up under "Filters->Enhance"

At least at first glance, it does appear to be markedly better.