Chris Mohler wrote:

> I was cruising along until I found that Photoshop palettes have many
> CMYK data.  What's the best method of converting these colors to RGB
> and getting reasonably close?

> But they aren't working very well - is there a better method?

Using ICC profiles is the generally accepted method amongst color-savy

Of course the best thing is not to convert such colors, but to leave
them (tagged) in their native space until the user requires them to be
converted to something else. So to fix this properly really requires
that you add proper colorspace handling to Gimp, something I
presume has a different bug/freature tracking number :-)

Perhaps you're best just leaving such colors out of the palette ??

Graeme Gill.