there's this idea I've been having in a while...

I find really annoying that whenever I want to change the color, tool
properties, or the whole tool, I need to go back to the toolbar and set
it to the one I want, reconfigure color, properties, etc...

so question is... is it possible to change the current tool and its
properties via plugin, or do I need to fiddle around the source code for
that? because I think it would be a neat idea to set a tool and all its
properties to a shortcut, my idea was to make each button on the keypad
to activate one shortcut, then the num lock gives a second set of tools,
for a total of 32 tool shortcuts, more than enough for most works

but if there is already a feature like that I'd like to know how to use it