From: G Bulmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>I am attempting to write a gimp plugin to 'bridge' between the gimp
>and a 3rd party piece of technology, under Linux.
>
> [...]
>
>My users need to stay with their currently deployed versions of
>software including the gimp (2.0.5) [...]

If the code for your plugin will fit into a single C file, it is
a lot simpler to build and install it using the "gimptool-2.0 --install"
command.  As a framework for such a plug-in, you could start with
pretty much anything in plug-ins/common in the GIMP source code --
you have to remove a few lines involving internationalization to
get a plug-in to compile using "gimptool --install", but it isn't
very difficult.

Also, you can find quite a number of plug-ins in the registry
(registry.gimp.org) that are specifically written for GIMP 2.0,
if you want a better starting point.  Many are single-file plug-ins
that you install using gimptool, but a few are more complex.

  -- Bill

Sent via the CNPRC Email system at primate.ucdavis.edu