Sven Neumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, 2007-05-13 at 11:45 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
>

>> One solution would be allowing calculations in the entrie: 436+24 ...
>> Typing +24 can be faster than erasing and typing 460.
>> *2 is faster than switching to percent and 200.
>>

> That has been suggested every so often already and everyone agrees that
> it makes a lot of sense. Now someone just needs to write the code.

Hmmm,   It looks like those values are set in a GtkSpinButton wrapped up
in gimp_spin_button_new().  If that's the case, my guess is that the
right solution is to either extend GtkSpinButton to include a little
expression evaluator or, since there appears to be only the one instance
of gtk_spin_button_new() in libgimpwidgets/gimpwidgets.c, create a new
widget--maybe GtkEvaluatedSpinButton, or some such--that provides that
capability.

Might be fun to tinker with...

Chris Moller