tao frank ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> I know that some data of plugin can be stored in GIMP's pool by the function
> below:
> gimp_set_data ("some_data", &mydata, sizeof (MyData));
> But how big can this data be? If I want to store a very big data, say, a
> color mask of an image, what should I do? Is it advisable to save this
> kind of data outside GIMP?

This data gets stored in the RAM and then sits there. Although there is
no limit on the size of this data this functionality is not intended to
store huge amounts of data. It is more about a small struct saving the
preferences of a plugin or similiar stuff.

If you want to store a color mask of an image consider storing it in the
image itself, e.g. in an extra channel or as a parasite. This has the
advantage, that it will get stored inside the XCF format and will
be available in the next gimp session.

              [EMAIL PROTECTED]              http://simon.budig.de/