Witam peter,

Saturday, May 26, 2007, 11:39:02 AM, napisałe/aś:

ps> Well, let's see:

ps> First we would have to support the task of figuring out the right
ps> page structure and proportions by the designer. This would mean
ps> multicolumn layout, aligning sections vertically. This all of
ps> course in modern fluid (resizing) web layouts. This is all vector
ps> oriented work, because it is about structure.

ps> Next: although the structure of html text mark-up and the typographical
ps> capabilities of css do not need to go 100% into the GIMP text system,
ps> a complete _understanding_ of the structure of html text mark-up and
ps> the typographical capabilities of css does needs to go into GIMP.

Nothing more than WordPad RichEdit options is needed. These options
would be also useful when designing leaflets or posters. On canvas
text editing would also ease the work.

ps> Can those links highlight on mouse-over? yeah sure, we should include
ps> that.

ps> Can we then click those links to go in the mock-up from page to page?
ps> yeah sure, we should include that.

ps> When that all works, can GIMP export a click-dummy in html, css and
ps> images? yeah sure, we should include that.

Yes, and maybe even Ajax and Javascript.

There is no need to integrate HTML, CSS editor and graphical program
like Gimp. When someone is not aware of Html and Css limitations
making a code is just undoable (maybe only using zillions of divs).

ps> And I am sure there is more...

ps> That is serious work to implement. And all the interaction elegance
ps> of sewing a third leg on the GIMP.

ps> Designing the structure of web pages and building mock-ups is the work
ps> for an interaction designer, and there are other apps to do that in.

Maybe I missunderstood you. I mean that Gimp should allow user to do a
layout (designing all the graphic, exemplary lorem ipsum like text and
slicing plus saving for web) but not act like html editor.

ps> Gimp-developer mailing list
ps> Gimp-developer@lists.XCF.Berkeley.EDU