On Fri, 2007 Jun 08 21:10:22 +0200, Sven Neumann wrote:
> Actually, now that we accepted some of the proposed changes, building
> outside the source directory is somewhat broken. We have generated files
> that are intentionally kept under version control. If you build with
> srcdir != builddir and do changes to the source files, then 'svn status'
> will not any longer notify you about the changes to the generated files
> that need to be committed together with the changed source files.
> Looks like I have perhaps been a little too hasty accepting your
> changes. We might want to revert some of them.

Notwithstanding the pitfalls of checking in generated files, that's a
situation where you explicitly want an in-source-tree build. The whole
point of srcdir != builddir is to keep srcdir pristine.

What is the intention behind version-controlling those files? I didn't
notice anything particularly painful to generate.

NAME   = Daniel Richard G.       ##  Remember, skunks       _\|/_  meef?
EMAIL1 = [EMAIL PROTECTED]        ##  don't smell bad---    (/o|o\) /
EMAIL2 = [EMAIL PROTECTED]      ##  it's the people who   < (^),>
WWW    = http://www.******.org/  ##  annoy them that do!    /   \
(****** = site not yet online)