On Tue, Jun 19, 2007 at 01:38:06PM +0300, Alexander Rabtchevich wrote:
> In GIMP 2.3.18 crop tool isn't stopped at image borders as it was in
> 2.3.14. It is a bug: if ratio is set it is violated by this. And even if
> no ratio is set crop should not affect pixels outside the image.

Do you mean the ratio is not correctly applied if the cropping rectangle
leaves the image borders, and only then?

I disagree on the last sentence. While limiting crop to within the image
borders is convenient in many cases, being able to freely change the
canvas size for a layer or image is useful, too. I mean to recall it's
in fact an option in the last stable release.

Thorsten Wilms

Thorwil's Design for Free Software: