On Thu, 21 Jun 2007 21:13:42 +0200, Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Thu, 2007-06-21 at 10:55 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>> Sorry, I was not intending to emphasise layers, although I was trying to
>> cover the case where an indexed layer was added. The basic point is that
>> this message is great if there is an indexed element in the image,
>> otherwise it's clutter and we could prefer to avoid displaying this for
>> non indexed images.
> This whole thread could have been avoided if you had taken the time to
> actually try this before you write a mail. The message is only shown
> when scaling indexed image. If you scale an RGB or grayscale image, no
> such hint is displayed.
> Sven

Very sorry to have wasted your time.

Of course I did test this but I was mistaken about the nature of the image
I was testing with. It was a test image in png format. I looked at image
props , colour profile where it states "name : sRGB , info: default RGB
working space". This lead me to mistakenly think it was an RGB image.

Now I double check, it is in fact an indexed image which explains the
message appearing as you say.

Appologies for the noise.