Campbell Barton writes:
 > Since carol had the composure to be civil with people face-to-face makes
 > me think that she does KNOW BETTER...

I am not so sure. At LGM2007 there was at least one occasion where I
was present when carol started her typical carol-speak, and
(predictably) directing odd insinuative questions to one of the female
developers present. I guess most of us others just thought "oh. here
we go again" and tried to pretend we didn't listen (at least I
did). Luckily the subject of carol's harrassment this time understoof
what was going on and didn't bother feeding the troll, so nothing more
serious happened.