On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 14:53 +0200, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Does your reply indicate you take a "this feature not a bug" approach here
> and you think is the best way gimp should deal with this situation?

Indeed. When you open a JPEG file, then you have a decoded image. The
settings that were used to encode it are irrelevant since encoding it
again as a JPEG file would not yield the same image anyway. Thus it is
better to use the default values. Since we will very soon allow the user
to change these defaults, this should be the best way we can handle