On Mon, 9 Jul 2007 17:32:29 +0300, Tor Lillqvist <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sven Neumann writes:
>  > If someone wants to try to recover some of the JPEG save settings
>  > when loading the JPEG file, feel free.
> I did.

Thanks for this very nice patch!  It would be even better to do the same
for the chroma subsampling method (easy) and for images that do not use
the standard IJG tables (a bit harder, but it can be guesstimated).

This would provide a better default value in the JPEG Save dialog than
the hardcoded value that we currently have (even if that value can be
customized to some extent).  I also like the fact that it will only use
the estimated value from the file if it is larger than the default.  It
is nice to be able to adjust the parameters in the Save dialog starting
from a value that is reasonably close to the original settings when the
file was created, instead of always starting from a fixed value.