On Tuesday, July 10, 2007, 8:09:04, Chris Mohler wrote:

> I understand that JPEG drops data.  My point: in most applications,
> 'save' means "save your data".  In the image editing world, 'save' has
> come to mean "save as much data as you want given the limitations of
> the format - here are (or might be) some options".

Maybe GIMP could do it the way CoolEdit (audio editor for windows)
does it - when you save to a lossy format, it pops up a warning
telling you that you shouldn't use that file for intermediate storage,
but only for the final product.

< Jernej Simončič ><><><><>< http://deepthought.ena.si/ >

Nothing ever gets built on schedule or within budget.
       -- Cheops's Law