So I broke my promess.

> creating interaction requires making hard choices, because you
> cannot make an application for everybody.

I have to agree. A good UI doesn't do what users ask. It does what is better
for the users. ;-)
This approach of taking the lossy format to an import/export section instead of
open/save is very interesting and, even though users will have to get used to,
will define a more robust professional workflow.
For now, the "Save as" patch is a good temporal fix.
What's very important is that the problem of the arbitrary behaviour of the
jpeg saving was addressed and users who ignore the whole issue won't be
wrecking their images anymore.