Hi everybody on the list,

I'm testing the GIMP on various operating systems for my masterthesis
(in that i want to show the capabilities of open-source-software for
technical writing) and i hope that somebody could answer me the
following question (more to follow ;-) :

As a programmer and technical writer for software i love the ability
of getting screenshots directly from and into the GIMP via the
"Acquire" submenu -> "Screen shot".

I've already tested that function successfully under (Ubuntu-)Linux
and Windows (XP).

But under Mac OS there are some problems. I've installed the GIMP on
two different ways under Mac OS. The first way is via Mac Ports and
the Acquire-Screenshot-function can only get screen-shots of programs
running under the X11-server I'm running under Mac OS (like OOo.org).

The other way I've installed the GIMP via GIMP.app
(http://gimp-app.sourceforge.net/), the self contained application
bundle of GIMP, that uses X11, too. On that installation the point
"Screen shot" in the "Acquire"-submenu doesn't even exist.

Here's my question: is there any plugin that i can install to have
this cool function under Mac OS? Is anybody working on a plugin (and
is it even possible to get a Mac-Screenshot into an X11-application?).
It's a great functionality and it would be very useful for Mac-users.

Regards

Akki Nitsch

The freedom of meaning one thing and saying
something different is not permitted.

                        E.W. Dijkstra

Andreas "Akki" Nitsch
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Mobile: 0171/ 54 12 63 1
begin:vcard
fn:Andreas Nitsch
n:Nitsch;Andreas
adr;dom:;;Goethestrasse 11;Romrod;Hessen;36329
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;cell:0171/54 12 63 1
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.akki-n.de