On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 23:13 -0500, Tim Jedlicka wrote:

> Great! - looks like 2.4 is getting closer. Is there a hard dependency
> on GTK+ 2.10.13?

Yes, there is. And it is there for a very good reason (bug #436242).

> I run Ubuntu 7.04 (Feisty) which unfortunately is still on
> libgtk2.0-dev 2.10.11. I know this isn't GIMP's issue, but if 2.4 is
> imminent then a dependency on GTK 2.10.13 might cause a delay in
> getting it out to at least one major distribution. I'm not clear how
> the upstream/downstream provider works out the dependencies but the
> 2.10.13 dependency MIGHT cause a delay in adoption of GIMP 2.4.

Feisty is not going to include GIMP 2.4 anyway. If we manage to release
soon, then 2.4 will be in the next Ubuntu release though. And that
release is likely going to use GTK+ 2.12 anyway.

It took us long enough to get 2.4 done. I don't worry too much about
adoption at this point. Sooner or later everyone will update.