On Wed, 2007-08-08 at 16:29 +0000, Heiko Schmidt wrote:

> Good you have managed to install Gimp-2.3.19 under Feisty.
> 3.) is still unclear for me
> Could you please descripe a bit more
> How do I set up this environment variable? Have I to write this in a
> certain file?
> What is meant with 'export'?

Sorry, but the purpose of this list is to discuss development of GIMP.
We are not going to explain you the basics on how to compile software on
a UNIX system. There are plenty of HOWTOs and good books available on
this subject. I even recently posted some links here with detailed
descriptions on how to compile GTK+ applications.