Hi Raphael,

On Sun, 2007-08-12 at 23:44 +0200, Raphaël Quinet wrote:

> Since Friday, I added a new option to the JPEG save dialog: "Use
> custom quality settings".  If some quantization tables were attached
> to the image when it was loaded, then this option allows you to use
> them instead of the standard ones (different quantization tables are
> generated by the IJG JPEG library for each quality level).

Why do we need an option in the GUI for this? If there are quantization
tables attached and the user doesn't change the save quality, then just
use them. Or is there a real disadvantage in doing that? To me it looks
like you are asking the user a question that she is unlikely going to
understand. And you are forcing the user to make a decision that you can
better do for her.