Moin,

we did it. It's not the final 2.4.0 release yet, but a first release
candidate is now available from

 ftp://ftp.gimp.org/pub/gimp/v2.4/testing

Changes in GIMP 2.4.0-rc1
=========================

- further improvement to the Print plug-in
- completed the color management functionality for 2.4
- store JPEG setting with the image and use them when saving as JPEG
- further improved the rectangle tools, in particular handling of the
  fixed aspect ratio
- added color profile selector widget
- further improved the display quality for zoomed-out views

This is probably the last mail I write before going on vacation with the
girl I am going to marry tomorrow. I hope that you guys can manage to
fix the remaining issues and roll out the 2.4.0 release while I am away.

Sven