On 8/18/07, Liam R E Quin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-08-16 at 14:50 -0300, Guillermo Espertino wrote:
> > If somebody is interested in participating in this process please send
> > me an e-mail so we can coordinate efforts with Danko and Marius
> My own feeling is that it would be better to wait until there is
> some experience with the post-2.4 GIMP and higher definition
> colour models before changing any of the colour tools.

* Different Color models are fairly irrelevant to Hue-Saturation
adjustment, because HSV is a simple transform of the RGB colorspace --
it's either going to expect RGB or (the currently not-implemented, and
of dubious use) HSV color format.

* Higher definition (HDR) could possibly be relevant -- but you would
need to keep in mind that an HSV tool which worked with HDR data would
no longer be an HSV tool (Saturation is a parameter that's dependent
on the blackpoint and whitepoint, which are both undefined in an HDR
image. Value is similarly dependent.)

* Higher precision might be something that UI people need to consider,
for Saturation and Value adjustment. But this just involves bumping up
the maximum values, more or less, so it's a change that can be made
readily at any time.

* I think what Guillermo, Danko, and Marius are doing is both good and
timely. ('now' is always a good time to work on enhancing such
technically simple tools.)