hey Enselic,

> (It was an odd time stamp on your mail. are you back from vacation
> yet?)

suddenly I am in Kansas, on a very cool project for 2 weeks.

> The spec asks for ideas for good default values for the Fixed: Size
> entries.

yeah, the 100x100 is arbitrary.

> How about having 100x100 as default when there is no pending
> rectangle and rectangle width x rectangle height when there is one?
> This would be the case for both the selection tools and the crop tool.

we cannot base the default of fixed size on the current rect,
because it operates on the current rect. This would freeze up
the rect in a positive feedback cycle.

we can base it on the image size, but that would make no
sense for fixed size.

     --ps

         principal user interaction architect
         man + machine interface works