I was thinking of a feature proposal. Once you have placed a guide on the
canvas, if you wish to know its exact position you should have a snapping tool
and watch carefully on the status bar for the right value, isn't it? I don't
see any other quick solution on this.
What I was thinking about is a simple addon for the rulers: whenever you
mouseover the guide (as it turns red) on the ruler will appear a tiny yellow
label with the guide position. This will help alot in working with guides.

what do you think? should I make a preview for it?

Matteo 'Peach' Pescarin

Web Site = http://www.smartart.it
GeCHI = http://www.gechi.it