Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 09:40:45 +0100
   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

   Sure there's tab widget. The point I was uncertain about was
   whether a second click on a tab would push it back in the
   z-order. I know Gimp is sometimes held back by limitations of GTK+
   over which it has no direct influence.

   Robert Krawitz has replied that there is an extension that does
   this.  Hopefully covers it. This is particularly useful for
   comparing two images without needing to look away.

There's a Mozilla Firefox extension that does this.  Mozilla
extensions don't make direct GTK+ calls (as far as I know), but
evidently it's possible for Firefox to know that someone has clicked
on the current tab.