On Oct 30, 2007, at 2:44 PM, David Marrs wrote:

They ask for an MDI structure because that's what they know, but I suspect
they'll be happy with any solution to their problem that works well.

I believe that the main reason is legacy behavior from Windows 3.x.

As I've mentioned before, Microsoft officially deprecated the MDI approach with the introduction of Windows95, but allowed existing apps to be grandfathered in.

So I think your assessment is correct. They ask for what they are used to, and aren't aware of alternatives.