From: Sven Neumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 08:54:11 +0100

   On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 21:59 -0400, Robert Krawitz wrote:

   > Let's take layers as an example (because this is one of the more
   > annoying ones to me).  Having only one layers dialog has two
   > undesirable consequences:

   For the rare cases where you need more than one Layers dialog, you
   can open a second (or even a third one). At least currently GIMP
   doesn't keep you from doing that.

Using 2.4.0, I tried opening three images, and typing ctrl-L in each
to open a layers dialog.  It only opened the one dialog (and again, as
soon as I move the mouse into one of the images, the image in the
layers dialog changes).

Nor was I able to do it from either the file menu on the toolbox or
the dialogs menu on the images.