From: Thorten Wilms <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:10:31 +0100

   On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 07:20 -0400, Robert Krawitz wrote:

   > Using 2.4.0, I tried opening three images, and typing ctrl-L in each
   > to open a layers dialog.  It only opened the one dialog (and again, as
   > soon as I move the mouse into one of the images, the image in the
   > layers dialog changes).

   Ctr-l or menu does not open another layers dialog, true.
   Do you see the "Auto" button next to the image list menu-box ...?

I never knew about that, actually.  Unfortunately, the resulting
Layers dialog doesn't say which image it's attached to.

   > Nor was I able to do it from either the file menu on the toolbox or
   > the dialogs menu on the images.

   It can be done from the tab menu -> Add Tab -> Layers.

It works, although it's a bit obscure (you have to know two relatively
obscure things to get there).

   Anyway, I see two approaches for dealing with the image / layers (or
   similar dialog) relation:
   - Always attach everything relating to just one image to its image
   - Use inspectors like now

   The former has the potential to be less confusing and would make
   showing several layer stacks straightforward. Size requirements for
   an image and its layer stack might be quite different, though.

Like I said, when I can afford it, QXGA time...