You know, that is an excellent idea, but unfortunately aside from the
brushes folder options, which I think are really needed, and pardon me if
this is going a little offtopic, but the brushes themselves are still slow.
If I draw a circle in gimp, no matter how I tweak the brush ( that includes
spacing the brush), the line is "hooked" while in photoshop it is smooth on
the same computer. On my home pc, where I still run only gimp 2.3 it is
smoother in gimp 2.3.