Hi,

On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 13:02 +0100, Andrea Olivotto wrote:

> - Please, a more dense curve. Better if user can select 4 or 8 lines.

It would be nice if you could explain why the current grid isn't dense
enough and how exactly a more dense grid would be useful.

> - Please, draw in the background the baseline (45°). It's a very
> useful reference, more visible than looking to the vertex of the grid.

In my opinion this would be very distracting. I can imagine that a
denser grid would also make it easier to see the diagonal. So perhaps
just adding a few more grid lines would make this obsolete?

> - Like levels, when you pass the mouse over the current image, show the
> luminosity position on the curve, something like a small circle running
> thru the curve (like Photoshop). This is very very very useful, to see
> where are some particulas ares of the image on the curve. Without the
> feature, it's not so simple to design a correct curve.

GIMP already does this. Just click into the image with the Curves tool
active. Also try using the Shift and Ctrl modifier keys.

Sven