Hi,

still about porting plugins form 2.2 to 2.4:

> This is not the correct solution. Instead the plug-in is supposed to
 use
> gimp_plugin_domain_register() to tell the GIMP core about the
 textdomain
> that the plug-in uses for translation. The core will then be able to
> translate the menu entry.

In fact, the call to gimp_domain_register() was already present in the
gimp-plugin-template:

gimp_plugin_domain_register (PROCEDURE_NAME, LOCALEDIR);

It returns success, but the menu entry is not translated.
I couldn't find any help from other plugins' sources because they don't
register this way.

Another problem I found is that the GIMP helpbrowser doesn't read the help
files correctly
(no problem when using firefox, though). The crash occurs in
helpbrowser/dialog.c,
inside the function browser_dialog_make_index_foreach(), at this point:

indices = g_strsplit (item->title, ".", -1); /* THIS CALL FAILS */

for (i = 0; i < 5; i++)
    {
      if (! indices[i])  /* CRASH HERE */
        break;

      item->index += atoi (indices[i]) << (8 * (5 - i));
    }

and that's because item->title is NULL.

Thus, it seems that I need to register a title somehow, but I didn't find any
documentation online
about how to prepare an help file. Again, the standard plugins were of no help
to me.
Any help/hint/clue/link would be appreciated.

> BTW, it would be nice if we could release an updated version of
> gimp-plugin-template for GIMP 2.4. Any volunteers to update the
 template
> in SVN?

If I manage to get it tworking I would be glad to send you my patches!

Carlo