On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 22:19 -0300, Charly wrote:
> Hello,I do not know whether this is a BUG or perhaps should be a
> feature request. Usually the GIMP does a good job resizing images, but
> not with this GIF animation:
> http://pixloads.com/public/pview/45183/halloween31.gif When I scale it
> down using Image->Scale some ugly black dots get visible. This happens
> with GIMP 2.4 windows binary. Also on GIMP 2.2.13 under debian. I
> tried some random shareware utility and it got the job done rigth.
> Anyone cares to take a look see what is happening with GIMP... ?

Next time, please send such messages to the gimp-user mailing-list.

Whenever you do anything with a GIF image and don't absolutely need to
keep the colortable intact, then convert it to RGB as the first step. I
am sure GIMP would have done a decent job at scaling your animation if
you had followed this advice and performed the scaling in RGB mode.