Hello Jesper,
        I successfully compile the svn head of gimp regularly under Ubuntu

Have a look at my blog post on the topic
to find the packages I had to install to have a "smooth compilation".
The post refers to Feisty but applies to Gutsy as well. You may have
some issues with an optional library though (I don't remember quite now
I will check when at home).

Hope it helps.

Jesper de Jong ha scritto:
> Hello all,
> I have checked out the latest sources from svn and I am now trying to
> compile GIMP. After about 5 mins 30 secs compilation stops with an error
> that seems to be a linking error in the imagemap plug-in. Here are the
> last few lines I see before it stops:

Alessandro Falappa
web: http://www.falappa.net/