>What would happen if someone donated, for example, 5? to get a >feature
>that no one would ever code? Would that money sit on a pile marked
>"crackpot ideas" in a bank account forever?

i fully agee with Sven that is not a good idea ACCEPT donation tied to feature
request

BUT i can't imagine anything wrong in REPORTING bonus or premium offered by
somebody in change of specific improvement

In my opinion Gimp staff should not deal with that, that are not donation for
gimp BUT for X...if X find how add a Y feature .

Still the new may be reported as new

If i want donate xxxx E for ...as example a Animated Version of Liquide Resize
plugin, that is my own business and responsability

But that new  may interest some gimp developer, so why don't report it
somewhere?

>What would happen if someone donated, for example, 5? to get a >feature
 >that no one would ever code? Would that money sit on a pile marked
 >"crackpot ideas" in a bank account forever?

In that way if that plugin will not be done, no problem nobody will get that
money
 i will spend that money instead in beers, call girls, charity , or whatever i
prefer

Same if i die suddenly or i go bankrupt and so i cannot maintain my promise, i
will be the responsible , not gimp staff .

Just similar reward should be NOT mixed with the Gimp donation

Alchemie Foto\grafiche