I believe that QMask mode could be made quicker to use, by providing
an option to:
a) Reset the FG/BG colors to black and white upon entering qmask mode
and
b) Push the context before entering qmask mode, and pop it when
exiting qmask mode.

With the sum effect that you needn't destroy the colors that you were
using in order to paint on the QMask (I myself always find myself
resetting the colors to default before I draw on the QMask), and you
start out with the two most useful 'colors' set as FG+BG.

What do you think of this? If I get the go ahead I'll implement this.