On Thu, 2007-12-06 at 19:42 +0100, peter sikking wrote:

> I think that is a consensus thing. Also everything is connected
> with the phased introduction of GEGL, which we have seen recently
> makes working on some urgent issues a waste of time, because
> a lot of code will be scrapped.

Uh, oh, not that fast. The issue that was brought up (the Color layer
mode) isn't that urgent. We haven't even decided if it should be
considered a bug and how to tackle it.

> And yes, I understand and support that 2.6 is going to be 'light'
> on UI changes, to get the phase-one GEGL work done.

The plan, at least as far as I see it, is to release GIMP 2.6 in a few
months. With whatever changes we manage to do until then. I don't really
want to stop people to work on issues that are important and that they
want to hack on. A roadmap is a great thing to show people what we
consider important, but I don't see it as something that we absolutely
have to stick to. As long as features have been discussed here
beforehand, they can be added. If they are on the roadmap or not doesn't
matter too much.

That said, we should really get the roadmap done and published...